My First Internship

Hi, guys!

All of my exams are over now. It has been over four year since I got to know that Computer Science was my passion. But I live in India. There is no place for passion here. I was kind of forced to study almost everything but Computer Science.

I got my first proper access to a computer at the age of 13 and my very basic internet connection, at the age of 16. Since I belong to an economically basic family, my parents are always concerned about my studies. I never received any motivation for my involvement in anything beyond syllabus, i.e. computers, because they thought it was a waste of energy as it helped in neither scoring great marks nor cracking JEE(entrance exam in India).  This is something I missed all through my life; a parent, a sibling, a teacher or even a friend to share my interests with. My brain is ready to burst because it is full of things that I want to do, but I am not able to act on them. I just need a proper environment….

Since my exams are over now, I have got an incredible freedom to work on things I want. I have have taken up an internship at Wowral as a Search Engine Optimiser. My task is to improve the organic ranking, Google ranking, and Moz ranking of Wowral. It's obvious that I have no knowledge of SEO right now. But, I'm taking several courses at Coursera to improve my skills and knowledge about SEO.

People have said that the learning curve is really high in such internship. And it's true. What I learned in the first three hours of my internship at Wowral was simply incredible.  

Comments